Monday, July 23, 2012

Pork with Orange-Bourbon Sauce

I like to cook with a variety of ingredients, but for some reason I always forget about pork. I just tend to gravitate towards meats like chicken and fish. This weekend, I decided to switch things up and cook with pork for dinner. I followed the pork with orange-bourbon sauce recipe from the Williams-Sonoma Simple Suppers book. It was really easy to follow, and most importantly tasted great.



Ingredients (Two servings):

-4 boneless pork cutlets (thin sliced)
-Salt and pepper
-1 tablespoon of thyme (fresh or dry)
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-1 small red onion, thinly sliced
-1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
-2 tablespoons Bourbon, or Madeira

Steps:

1. Get your ingredients prepared. Start by peeling and cutting the onion into thin slices. Season pork generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.


2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add the pork to pan and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and barely pink in the middle (Took me about 6 minutes total). Transfer meat to a plate.
4. Add the onion to the pan and saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes. 
5. Next, add the orange juice and bourbon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.


6. Return the meat to the pan, cover, and cook for another minute.
7. Let meat rest on a cutting board for 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!


What ingredients do you like to cook with?

-Lauren

8 comments:

  1. ohh i`m so hungry now :) great blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, now this looks deelish! I love anything with an flavorful alcoholic base, haha! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! Great post, Its made me hungry haha!
    http://alittleebitofeverything.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious! I haven't had much cooking experience, but I would like to try it 'cause the steps are easy to follow! :)

    xxNyla
    thechroniclesofnyla.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! Great blog, I found it from the comment section of MC squared, I loved your title so decided to check it out, glad I did!

    please check out our blog at : http://two-leaf-clover.com/
    I think we have similar interests!

    Allison from Two Leaf Clover

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a very nice place here! :)

    If you have a second, I have a surprise for you in my blog! :)

    Lau

    http://fallinlove.com.ar/versatile-blogger-award/?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum! this looks delish. i made a pork roast in the crockpot this past week. also been doing a lot of salmon and spinach!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy.
    but i think pork is better for lunch :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs