Monday, June 11, 2012

Food + Music Weekend

This weekend, I visited my parents and celebrated Father's Day a week early. It's always nice being in Orange County and getting out of L.A. for a couple of days. One of the highlights was stumbling upon a BBQ & Music Festival, which was really fun. People sure take their barbeque seriously here. Different teams set up tents for the competition, and festival goers got to sample the different food, from pulled pork to beef brisket. Check out some photos from my weekend:


Window shopping guitars at Guitar Center



Delicious Mahi-mahi salad with soba noodles for lunch



 One of the many BBQ rigs set up at the festival



All of the competition teams had creative names like this one



A sampling of pulled pork from one of the tents before we put BBQ sauce on it - really good!


What did you do over the weekend?

-Lauren

5 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I want to go next year, where in oc was it?

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at the fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Lots of fun!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and oh my goodness the salad! looks delicious lol. Nice blog :)

    mycrushcouture.blogspot.com - hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a guitar brought me way back, I wish I still had it. Love your blog, a new follower :)
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. food and music! my two favorite things! I worked all weekend... wooweee!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs