Friday, May 4, 2012

A Very Gatsby Party

I don't know if it's because I recently watched Midnight in Paris, or because I got inspired by my hair brooch post, but I am loving the idea of throwing a Great Gatsby themed party. I had to read the classic novel when I was in high school, but I appreciate it more now in my twenties than I did as a teenager. There is something so alluring and glamorous about the roaring 20's, which is captured perfectly by the novel's reckless socialite characters.

Here are some sources of inspiration for throwing your own swanky soirée:


 The perfect 1920's party dress: Boxy, loose fitting dresses were very popular at that time
(image via)


Gin Rickeys: F. Scott Fitzgerald's favorite drink
(image and recipe via)


 Festive table settings: Metallics were all the rage in the 20's
(image via)


And of course, good company!
(image via)


Have you ever thrown a themed party before?

-Lauren
 

7 comments:

  1. I've never thrown a theme party before, but I like the idea of a 20's celebration. I love your blog; your posts are very inspiring.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the roaring 20s style! Thanks for following my blog:) Following back! Have a lovely weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love themed parties! My 21st was "party like a rockstar" and we all wore 80's get-ups. Last summer I threw a yoga party with an hour long practice, vegan food and made up yoga games. Here's the link from my blog post about it:
    http://veggievinyasa.com/2011/07/10/yoga-fiesta/
    I know I'm a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really fun themed party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO FUN! yes, for my 25th birthday I threw a roaring twenties party. It was so much fun and everyone dressed up and had a great time. Do it!

    xx, alisia e

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am glad I found yours~ new follower! I love themed parties! 20's theme would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! It would be so fun to throw a 20's themed party!

    http://hurryhomehoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs