Sunday, May 13, 2012

Getty Adventures

This weekend I visited The Getty museum, which is nestled in the hills of Los Angeles. I hadn't been in four years, so it was nice to experience it once again. The Getty has the most amazing views of L.A., and lucky for us, it was clear and sunny out while we were there. An interesting fact I learned: The Getty was built based on a 30x30 square grid, which the architect thought was the perfect scale for design.



I love how the clouds mimic the shape of the building in this photo



View of the entrance. So beautiful!



Crazy cactus garden 



Loved the Herb Ritts photography exhibit



I have a copy of this Vincent van Gogh painting in my apartment


What did you do this weekend?

-Lauren

7 comments:

  1. These photos look like something out of a professional book - I like the difference of this post, a lot of posts about LA I read are about the fashion or restaurants but this sounds like something fantastically different to do if I ever visited LA :)

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! The painting is so beautiful!
    Thanks for following my blog, now following yours! :)

    Have a lovey week
    X Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, looks so interesting! Now following :)

    http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the getty!! It was a beautiful weekend, I spent it in Orange County--it was nice to get out of the city =)
    Glad you had a good weekend!

    xx, alisia e
    http://alisialynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place looks really cool! I like the cactus garden! Thanks for sharing :)
    -Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a interesting place, the pictures r so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the getty! nice shots!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs