Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Closet Intervention

Do you ever feel like you have nothing to wear with a closet full of clothes? That had been happening to me recently, but I wasn't sure how to target the problem. This past weekend, I took charge and decided to really take a look at my wardrobe. I started by organizing my clothes (specifically tops) by color. It was quite simple to do, and didn't take long at all.




Once I finished and stepped back to take a look, I realized that over half my clothes were black, grey, or neutral tone. No wonder I was frustrated! My wardrobe lacked variety. Now that I've identified the problem, I can focus on buying more colorful clothes, and staying away from what I own most. I highly recommend trying this out if you're having a similar problem.

Do you have any wardrobe organizing tips? What did you learn through the process? Share here!

-Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Finding clothes to wear everyday can be challanging and sometimes frustrating.
    I've organized my closet in many ways in the past but never by color. I think I'm going to try doing that next, it will give me a clear picture of what is lacking in my closet.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a CRAZY virgo, so I organize by color and texture / pattern. Example solid reds come before reds with dots or stripes, etc. When I organized my closet that way I realized that I lacked pattern, so I have started adding pattern to my tops and dresses (and even pants!). Its a nice change!

    http://lindseyarotin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get that feeling that i have nothing to wear, but i don't have the time to organize my closet .. nice post :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very often feel like I have nothing to wear, and I have a TON of clothes so I know it's now *really* true. I also organize by color -- it helps me find stuff when I have a particular article in mind (otherwise I'd just get totally lost in my closet every morning).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too -- nice to *meet* you and looking forward to more from your blog! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My closet is such a mess, you are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uggh mine's a mess too. And I'm also guilty of way too much black and grey. Moving forward...I've recently separated the yoga clothes from the pajamas, hung cute t-shirts so that I can see them and keep them from getting wrinkly, and separated work dresses from going out dresses. Now what to do with purses?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs