Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend, I visited San Juan Capistrano, down in Orange County, California. This quaint little town is one of my favorite places to visit. Home to one of the 21 California missions, downtown SJC is like stepping back into time. My boyfriend and I toured the mission (it was his first time there), had a delicious lunch in Los Rios District, and walked around the neighborhood a bit.


Beautiful view inside the mission



The mission bells



If you're in the area, I highly recommend having brunch at The Ramos House. I had the mac n' cheese with wild mushrooms and truffle oil, and the coffee cake. They were both amazing! The outdoor patio is also very charming. Perfect when the weather is nice.


So many pretty flowers in the area



Los Rios District, the oldest neighborhood in California


Have you been to SJC before? What did you think?


-Lauren


10 comments:

  1. I miss socal! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    161cm.com

    joanne.choi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I just KNEW that I will like your blog :)
    cheers :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and I really like the look of your blog!

    xx Marije

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos! i need a break!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog! We just moved to SoCal in January and we've been exploring around us every weekend...we haven't been to SJC but it looks beautiful! And the mac 'n cheese sounds amazing...we'll have to add this to our list for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. San Juan Capistrano is one of the most beautiful Spanish missions in California. I recommend visiting the mission and the charming city of SJC. It has been one of our favorite family destinations for years. Your beautiful pictures brought me a lot of memories...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the reasons I love blogging - I might be oceans and thousands of miles away but I can experience new foods and cultures all through words and pictures on a page. I had never heard of this area in California so IF I do ever get there Ill have to have a visit :) Loved the pictures - it looks so sunny.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs