Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Restaurant Roundup

It's easy to gripe about the ridiculous traffic in Los Angeles, but there is definitely one thing you can't complain about: the food. This city caters to every type of cuisine you can think of, and then some. Last week, I was able to eat at a couple restaurants I had been wanting to try out. Read on for my reviews!




After reading the great reviews online and learning this place was featured on Food Network, I had to try out Gloria's Cafe. Located in Culver City, this neighborhood restaurant serves up Salvadorian and Mexican dishes. The dining area evokes feelings of being outside in a Central American country, with bright colors and paintings on the wall. I ordered the house special pescado, which came with rice, tilapia topped off with homemade garlic sauce, lettuce and diced tomatoes (I opted out of the beans). I was slightly disappointed with the rice, which was a bit bland. The fish was really flavorful - but be prepared - they don't lie about the garlic!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars





I have driven past FOOD many times, and was dying to try it out. This casual dining spot has a very open, modern feel - part restaurant, part market. They serve breakfast all day, and healthy lunch options. The dining "system" wasn't very intuitive (you have to order before you can claim a seat), but once we got our table, things went smoothly from there. I ordered the Thai grilled steak salad, accented with cucumbers and peanuts. I'm not a huge salad fan, but this is one of the best salads I've ever had. Definitely recommend!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars



Which restaurants are you wanting to try out?

-Lauren

4 comments:

  1. these are making me hungry! they look delicious :)

    -jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me a couple of ideas for dinning out. Thanks!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Im from Australia but do hope to get to LA one day and have always heard about how amazing the food is and how many options you have. These pics do the food incredible justice though! YUM!

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs