Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Jeweled Affair




 I stumbled upon this jeweled brooch the other day. I had pinned it to the side of my dress for a school dance years ago. This unexpected find in my jewelery box then sparked an idea - what about hair brooches? Hair accessories are a stylish throwback to bygone eras like the 1930s, and are an easy way to update any hairstyle.


Hair jewels go perfectly with vintage hairstyles
(source via)



A softer, more modern approach
(source via)



Try a jeweled hairband like Nicole Richie
(source via)


Etsy is a great website to find all types of hair accessories. If you already have something at home, try this D.I.Y. trick: Hot glue a brooch to a plain headband (but remove the pin first!).

Have you tried this hair trend before?

-Lauren

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful hair jewels! Lauren you just gave me some great ideas for my hair. Thank you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Etsy and those pieces are amazing! I hope you'll check out my blog and follow me if you like it. Following you now!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wearing a broach in your hair is gorgeous. I actually did that for my wedding and loved it!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous brooch, I love the idea of wearing it in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog you have! I love wearing jewels in my hair! Like you said, soo vintage and timeless! Love it!
    xo, Jessica
    Fanciful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore a vintage jewel in my hair for he reception portion of my wedding. It really added a nice pop!

    xo, Lindsey
    http://lindseyarotin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love jewelled hair pieces they are so pretty! i'm definitely wanting to start wearing more pretty jewelled hair pieces in my hair :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually love all of these jewlled haired inspirations. I think if I was going to pull it off I'd have to go a little more modern style like Nicole RIchie.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. I'm looking for a great jeweled hair piece for my wedding. Love your blog. Following!

    It would be great if you could take a look at mine and follow if you like (I'm a newbie!)

    Amanda

    www.tattytulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hair broches. Wearing them is so girly & cute <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs