Sunday, November 13, 2011

Are you Ready?

For me, it's a struggle to wear makeup. Not because I don't like it, but because I have sensitive skin around my eyes, so it's tough to find brands that are non-irritating. I've been limited to wearing brands such as bareMinerals. Unfortunately, their loose powder eyeshadows are a bit messy, and hard to clean up. Lucky for me, they recently came out with READY eyeshadows that are in solid form.


photo (via)


Excited to try it out, I bought their limited edition Cocktail Hour eight color set. I tend to lean towards cool toned shadows, so this was perfect for me.


The Cocktail Hour set
(photo via)


So far, I've tried on four out of the eight colors. These eyeshadows are very saturated. Their color stays true when applied to the eyes. The darker colors really do come out just as dark - they don't apply sheer like some other brands. I especially love the purple colors, which go well with my brown eyes. And the color stays put all day (bonus!)

The verdict: Would I recommend these? I'd say yes. I like that these shadows are paraben, binder, and filler free, and contain their signature minerals. If you like their loose powders, then you're sure to enjoy these new solids. The only con is the price. I think that $40 is a bit steep, but they also sell less expensive 2-color and 4-color sets.

Have you tried their new shadows yet? What do you think?

-Lauren


2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this brand but I really like the colours.

    http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors!My sister hardly ever wears makeup due to her sensitive skin. I will share this post with her. Thanks for the info.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs