Monday, August 29, 2011

Modern Day Royalty

One of my favorite movies would have to be Marie Antoinette - the one starring Kirsten Dunst. Even though it's not very historically accurate, I always feel inspired by the candy colored pastels, elaborate parties, and Rococo accents in the film. If I had the dough I'd totally hire their set designer to decorate my house, but until then, I'll just have to settle with my own imagination. I've toyed with the idea of throwing an Antoinette-themed party for a while now. Here are some photos that capture my "vision"...


Romantic furniture and lots of treats


Light, ethereal table settings


Perfectly coordinated pastels


Cute little cakes adorned with berries


And of course - the movie itself!



What do you think of this 18th century style?

-Lauren

F6MA9NWDT2WX

1 comment:

  1. um, I'm obsessed with marie antoinette and the french revolution. that cake is gorgeous!

    x. jill
    www.thoseghosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs