Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Good Eats

Like I promised, I'm going to review some of the restaurants I went to in Chicago. There are literally so many eateries in the city that it's hard to choose - but we went with some favorites like deep dish pizza.



Pizzeria Due is a classic pizza joint which serves up the traditional Chicago deep dish pizza. It's hard to go back to "regular" pizza after trying this! The cheese is underneath the sauce, and the crust is pie-like, thickening towards the edges. A must-try...just don't order too much! It's extremely filling.



Photo: Flickr

The RL Restaurant, created by Ralph Lauren, is characterized by dark wood ceilings, deep blue walls, and an impressive collection of paintings. The atmosphere was great when we went for brunch. Unfortunately, the food did not match up to the ambiance. I ordered the chicken hash, which had way too many peas, and was a bit dry. However, the scrambled egg was nice and buttery.




Portillo's is famous for its hot dogs, but they also serve frozen custard, which I've never had before. It's similar to ice cream, just made with eggs, cream and sugar. Let's just say I've been craving it since I got back to LA - apparently it's a Midwest thing. Too bad!

-Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs